Group Directory

Groups directory

  • Group logo of Website Support
    active 1 year, 9 months ago

    Ongoing (no established end date) support workgroup for the resources and structure of the website.

    Started: 3/2016

    Completed: Ongoing

    Bi-weekly meetings are happening at 6p every other Sunday starting at 4/10/16

    Workgroup / 1 member
  • Group logo of Website Revamp
    active 2 years ago

    Workgroup to view a variety of websites and find a format which may fit the FL Region

    Started: 11/2015

    9/20/15: Group creation on naflorida.org. Contacting initial committee members. CH

    Workgroup / 9 members
  • Group logo of Disaster Plan
    active 2 years, 1 month ago

    Florida Region Disaster Plan

    Started: August 2013

    Completed: July 2014

    July 2013 - Workgroup staffed.

    September 2013 - Workgroup is making progress.

    November 2013 - A rough draft of the disaster plan was completed and distributed to the RSC admin group for an initial review.

    January 2014 - Disaster plan draft will be reviewed by the Admin group and FDG for  input and review.

    March 2014 - Input and review completed.  Completed draft will be presented at the May RSC.

    Workgroup / 4 members
  • Group logo of Regional Helpline
    active 2 years, 1 month ago

    Develop a Regional Helpline as a resource to member Areas.

    Started: January 2014

    January 2014 - will be staffed soon and they will research the current technology and bring back recommendations at which time a Project Plan will start to be developed.

    March 2014 - Project staffed and work started.

    Workgroup / 13 members
  • Group logo of Multi-Region Shared Services
    active 2 years, 1 month ago

    Create a workgroup consisting of up to 4 members from each of the regions covering Florida. It is suggested for one to be a delegate, one be a webmaster, and one the PR chair/coordinator, facilitated by […]

    Started: 11/2015

    Workgroup / 5 members
  • Group logo of Statewide Meeting List
    active 2 years, 3 months ago

    Develop a statewide meeting list to for H&I, PR, Helpline and institutions.

    Started: September 2013

    Completed: November 2014

    September 2013 - Project was submitted and approved by the Fellowship Development group. Waiting for HRP to staff workgroup.

    November 2013 - Still waiting for HRP to staff workgroup.

    January 2014 - Will be staffed with member who have volunteered for this project via the Volunteer Form. These members will be contacted in the next week or two.

    March 2014 - Project staffed and work started.

    Workgroup / 11 members
  • Group logo of Bridging the Gap
    active 2 years, 7 months ago

    The purpose of the Bridging the Gap project is to provide a “Bridge” between Narcotics Anonymous meetings and people reentering their communities from in-patient treatment or incarceration.

    Started: May 2011

    September 2013 - Due to the resources that will be required for this project it has been given its own workgroup.  Project plan powerpoint was presented after Area Support group.

    November 2013 - Project Planning group met and discussed project plan milestones.  Key deliverables are Project Team Recruitment (HRP) and develop Volunteer Recruiting Plan & Signup Tools (FD).  Current signup tools are the help wanted page on the website along with the newsletter to get the word out.  Other methods of the recruiting plan that were discussed were flyers and attending local learning days.

    January 2014 - The Project Plan for Bridging the Gap Project is still being developed.  The recruitment of volunteers will begin soon. We have had one member fill out a Volunteer Form for this project and we will contact them soon.

    March 2014 - Development of the project continues.  We now have 8 volunteers.  Ideas for recruitment have been discussed such as fliers, post cards and visiting Area events.

    Workgroup / 38 members
  • Group logo of Additional Needs
    active 3 years, 2 months ago

    Additional Needs Workgroup

    Started: 09/21/2014

    Workgroup / 5 members
  • Group logo of Predatory Behavior
    active 3 years, 2 months ago

    This group is formed to discuss and make suggestions on addressing and preventing predatory behavior in NA meetings and events.

    Started: November 2010

    Completed: May 2013

    November 2012: The workgroup is complete and a workgroup member has all the material for final version to be presented at the next RSC.

    March 2013: HRP is reviewing final version.

    May 2013: Completed workgroup. Proposal to have it posted and make it available to the NA.ORG website on Local Resources.

    Workgroup / 20 members
  • Group logo of Behind the Walls
    active 3 years, 6 months ago

    This group is used for communication and sharing resources between volunteers of the Behind the Walls project. To volunteer for Behind the Walls, visit the Help Wanted page.

    Started: May 2012

    May 2012 - Looking at guidelines and contact with world has been made mostly for clarification on sponsoring inmates from Coleman where they have access to electronic communication through-mail. There is also research being done as to what is working in other regions and areas. There also is work being done on how to orient sponsors on the dos and donts as well as a single point of accountability.

    July 2012 - This group is not fully staffed but has been doing some research already.

    September 2012 - This workgroup has 2 more members being added for the purpose of revising and completing the task of guideline for Behind the Walls meetings.

    November 2012 - The work on writing steps in recovery as well as the Behind the Walls meeting guidelines are ready to present.

    January 2013 - Task ready to be presented.

    March 2013 - HRP is reviewing the Guidelines Sponsorship & B.T.W. meetings.

    May 2013 - Proposal passed to approve the Behind the Walls Guidelines for implementation into the approved process of participation in Behind the Walls Meetings.

    July 2013 - Guidelines for sponsorship submitted and passed.

    September 2013 - Project plan form and database was created for the purpose of doing an inventory of current BTW institutions and meetings.  This database will be used going forward to identify institutional contacts along with attributes of each BTW meeting (self-sufficient, group names, etc).

    December 2013 - New BTW meetings will be postponed pending the completion of the current BTW institutions and meetings inventory.

    January 2014 - The Behind the Walls Project is still on going, but will pause briefly until we complete an inventory of all current facilities and meetings.

    Workgroup / 17 members
  • Group logo of Video Access to FRSC
    active 3 years, 8 months ago

    Provide video access to Florida Regional Service Conference.

    Started: January 2014

    January 2014 - 2 members volunteered who have the willingness and experience.

    March 2014 - Project staffed and work started.

    May 2014 - Consensus by Fellowship Development Group to close project due to lack of participation and resources.

    Workgroup / 5 members
  • Group logo of Traditions Book Project
    active 4 years, 1 month ago

    Input to NAWS for new Traditions book project. Collect submissions for content as well as ideas for what the book should look like. Submit that to the NAWS online submission area.

    Started: 11/17/2012

    Completed: September 2013

    December 2012: Workgroup staffed.

    January 2013: 6 workgroups have been staffed some of the members have been contacted and the rest will be contacted within the next few weeks and the workgroups will be working soon.

    March 2013: Nothing new reported.

    May 2013: 6 workgroups staffed and all members contacted.

    July 2013: Guidelines and resources will be included.

    September 2013: Workgroup was replaced by a workshop to be held at the November in Jacksonsville.

    Workgroup / 1 member
  • Group logo of FRCNA Policies, articles of incorporation, and by-laws
    active 4 years, 7 months ago

    To revise the current FRC, Inc policy to reflect current board business practices and to review and align the following 3 documents, FRC, Inc Policy, Corporate By-Laws and Articles of Incorporation.

    Started: November 2010

    Completed: July 2013

    May 2012: There is the FRC Board & Policy Review that is to be re-staffed if we are told the intent and purpose remains the same and the need for this workgroup is still there by this body and the FRC Board.

    July 2012: No status reported.

    September 2012: Currently in the process of being staffed.

    November 2012: Workgroup staffed.

    January 2013: is active and being worked on.

    March 2013: is active and being worked on.

    May 2013: is active and being worked on.

    July 2013: FRC Board will be finishing the task of revising all FRC documents. This workgroup is now considered completed. Thank you to all members that have contributed to this effort.

    Workgroup / 2 members
  • Group logo of Feasibility of Combining FRC & RSO Boards
    active 4 years, 7 months ago

    This committee’s purpose is to investigate the feasibility of combining the FRC & RSO boards into a single entity.

    Started: January 2012

    Completed: January 2012

    Deemed possible but not practical after research done by the workgroup.

    Workgroup / 3 members
  • Group logo of Roles and Responsibilities of Workgroup Leaders
    active 4 years, 7 months ago

    To outline and refine the descriptions of these positions according to the guidelines of Florida Regional Service.

    Started: May 2011

    Completed: September 2013

    May 2012: Lists of ideas and thoughts have been put together and the workgroup now needs to refine and develop this initial gathering of information.

    July 2012: Lists of ideas and thoughts have been put together at the last RSC and there has been some feedback on the list from the workgroup member Devon W. and I hope to be attempting to complete an outline by next RSC and see if anymore will need to be done.

    September: Information and outline has been completed. Now it will be put into a form that can be inserted into ourguidelines.

    November 2012: Information is being put into a form for a proposal to go into the guidelines for the Florida Region. This will be a first draft to be reviewed by Fellowship Development Team.

    January 2013: Outline has been completed and a formal version for the guidelines will be the next step in the task towards it being completed.

    March 2013: Final draft for updating guidelines is to be presented at the May RSC.

    May 2013: Ready for the guidelines meeting at next RSC.

    July 2013: The proposal will go to policy next region.

    September 2013: Workgroup completed. Proposal was presented and passed to updated the guidelines with the Roles and Responsibilities of Workgroup Leaders and Resource Coordinators as recommended.

    Workgroup / 7 members
  • Group logo of Cooperation not Affiliation
    active 4 years, 7 months ago

    This workgroup is formed with the primary purpose of defining and clarifying the difference between endorsement and cooperation.

    Started: January 2012

    Completed: May 2013

    September 2012: The workgroup has completed its work. A proposal was submitted at the September RSC and was tabled to HRP for review and recommendation.

    November 2012: The proposal was tabled backed to the workgroup for modification..

    January 2013: The proposal was tabled backed to the workgroup for modification

    March 2013: The proposal was tabled to HRP / GFRS Group (again)

    May 2013: Proposal passed. Guide to Florida Regional Service will be revised accordingly.

    Workgroup / 7 members
  • Group logo of 2013 Service Symposium
    active 5 years ago

    The purpose of this workgroup is for workgroup members to plan and facilitate the details of 2013 Service Symposium to be held on March 24th 2013.

    Completed: 3/24/2013

    July 2012 - This group is made up of admin members to prepare for the March Symposium to be held in Tampa. The work will be starting between now and the next RSC.

    September 2012: This group is made up of admin members to prepare for the March Symposium to be held in Tampa. The work is currently being done and coordinated by the admin.

    November 2012: This group is made up of admin members to prepare for the March Symposium to be held in Tampa.The work is currently being done and coordinated by the admin.

    January 2013: Joel-Gilbert are getting flight information from Mark B. and creating a spread sheet and get volunteers to pick up members arriving at the airport. Joel and Gilbert will coordinate the departure transportation as well. Sandy our RD has received professional contact lists and will accept additional ones until the invitations go out next week. Mark our AD is working with the hotel. We are asking for all the RCMs to please take back to your areas the need for people to register and purchase the food they will want and put in their room reservations.

    March 2013: This workgroup is complete.

    Workgroup / 14 members
  • Group logo of Bahamas and Bermuda Outreach
    active 5 years, 1 month ago

    Straw Poll: Would it be more prudent and effective to send 2 or 3 reps to Bahamas and Bermuda and work group 20 members rather than 1 or 2. It seems that we have been funding Bahamas for several years and […]

    Started: 11/18/2012

    Completed: May 2013

    Jan 2013 - Workgroup created proposal which was sent to HRP for review.

    March 2013 - Sent to groups for vote (was never reviewed by HRP / GFRS Group)

    May 2013 - Reviewed by HRP - Voted on the floor and passed - Asked how many RCMs discussed this with their Groups at ASC. 7 did not. Space Coast blocked citing Traditions 2 and 9. Suncoast stand aside. 7 Assent proposal carries.

    Workgroup / 7 members
  • Group logo of Literature in Pharmacies
    active 5 years, 1 month ago

    This workgroup is created to discuss and make suggestions to FD and or the regional conference about placing NA literature in pharmacies. This is considered a public relations related workgroup.

    Started: November 2010

    Completed: January 2013

    May 2012: Procedural issues have been looked at and a face to face with Walgreens was had and a response is being waited for. Walmart said “no” and CVS said “no’ there has been more positive responses from the independent little pharmacies.

    July 2012: The workgroup was not here at the Saturday Fellowship Development Meetings for the first time since it has been staffed and I will be contacting them.

    September 2012: This workgroup has reported that they have run into some walls at the corporate level of the major pharmacies. They have had some good responses at the smaller momma and papa pharmacies and continue to research the possibilities of getting literature racks in these pharmacies.

    November 2012: This workgroup is in its final stage and we are waiting for final report.

    January 2013: The workgroup is completed.

    The results are that local area PR committee’s should have no problem approaching Mom and Pop pharmacies. The large corporate pharmacies are a different story and there was no success with communicating the need for racks in their pharmacies.

    Workgroup / 7 members
  • Group logo of Fellowship Development Inventory
    active 5 years, 3 months ago

    See how the service structure is working and how it can be improved.

    Started: July 2012

    July 2012 - Is partially staffed and will be working towards a goal within the same timeframe at the inventory should be done as per guidelines.

    September 2012: This workgroup has been working set of questions that we want to ask you the RCMs to take to your areas and complete and return at the next RSC in November. The list of questions is being handed out to you and will also be included at the end of this report.

    November 2012: This workgroup is going to compile the information from the questionnaires returned to the workgroup here at this RSC and the results will be presented at the next RSC in Jan.

    January 2013: is still being worked on by the workgroup and results will be reported at next RSC.

    March 2013: is to be completed upon receiving their report.

    May 2013: All the data is compiled and a new workgroup will be staffed to take that information and complete and come up with the positive or negative results with possible changes or suggested corrective actions.

    Workgroup / 5 members
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Translate »