Basic Meeting List Toolbox Questions and Answers

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NULL 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Jack S

The BMLT (Basic Meeting List Toolbox) is a complete NA meeting search and list system in one. It is a software program, called a “CMS” (Content Management System), that your Webservant (The technical administrator for your Web site) installs on your Web server. It creates an “instant” NA meeting list search engine, which includes maps, detailed listings, easy printing, and even direct Adobe PDF printable meeting lists. You can read all about it here.

http://magshare.org/welcome-to-magshare/bmlt-the-basic-meeting-list-toolbox/

The Florida Region is evaluating this tool. A test version is currently installed on the Florida Region server. Visit this link.

http://naflorida.org/meetings-bmlt/

The Greater Orlando Area and Space Coast are also evaluating the tool as satellites to the Florida Region main server. Other Areas have expressed interest. There are some exciting advantages to using this tool.

More will be revealed….

NULL
    Participant

Just FYI.

I’m the author of the BMLT.

I’m not a member of the Florida Region, but I will be showing up at the Florida Service Symposium next month, and will be happy to answer questions here and/or there.

Dennis B
    Participant

Chris & Jack,
    This is Dennis B, River Coast area web geek (not really a web guy, more of a systems analyst/project manager). I originally made our web site in 2006 using straight html/css/framesets.

Over the past few days I’ve been working on a WordPress version: Still under construction & in its infantcy, learning WP as I go.

I’m wanting to include the BMLT as well, but I think it would be in the best interest of the region if areas became sattelites of the region instead of setting up a bunch of different implementations.

I can’t make it to the symposium as much as I’d love to, so could you tell me the time frame for implementation and if we can all work together in the hub/spoke setup?

Thanks,
    Dennis B. 813-476-2685

NULL
    Participant

Actually, the system was designed for exactly that.

Here’s the scoop on using the WordPress satellite:

http://magshare.org/the-wordpress-satellite/

Dennis B
    Participant

Chris,

When I try to activate it in WP I’m getting:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ‘}’ in /hsphere/local/home/rivercoa/rivercoastareana.org/wp-content/plugins/bmlt-wordpress-satellite-plugin/bmlt-wordpress-satellite-plugin.php on line 38

I’ve tried version 2.0.2 and 2.01

Thanks, Dennis

NULL
    Participant

What version of PHP are you using? You need to be running at least 5.0.

Many ISPs are still running flavors of 4, even though 5 has been out for a couple of years.

WordPress will run in 4, bless their hearts, but not my plugin.

Dennis B
    Participant

Yup – PHP 4, they’re moving me to new hardware with newer php in a month.

NULL
    Participant

Well, there ya have it.

Sorry.

The forum ‘Technology Resources’ is closed to new topics and replies.