Upcoming RSC Information
Florida Regional Services
The purpose of regional services is to support the Areas and Groups in their primary purpose, by linking them together within the Region. Regional services assist Areas and Groups with issues and topics of interest to their areas and encourage the growth of the fellowship through Area Support Group meetings, project driven workgroups and consensus based decision making.
To better serve Areas, their member groups and individual addicts; to allow more widespread participation by more individual members; and to more fully utilize available human resources.
The Fellowship Development Group meets twice each RSC weekend. The morning session is a large group discussion meeting that any trusted servant or N.A. member is encouraged to attend. The afternoon session is a meeting of workgroups assigned particular projects.
- Individual areas address their area’s concerns (can develop into an idea for a roundtable discussion by YOU).
- Ideas are discussed after breaking into roundtables (YOU comprise the roundtables)
- Presentation to all by YOU of the roundtable findings regarding each of the ideas discussed.
- Prioritize workgroup development (voted on by YOU based on level of importance
- Top three ideas become Workgroups for further discussion
- Current FD Workgroups
- SEZF BMLT Merger
- Guide Housekeeping
- FD Lost workgroup archives
- RSC Rotation
- GSR Assembly Attraction
- Website Revamp
- Value of Region
REGIONAL SERVICE COMMITTEE
Regional Service Committee (RSC) is a Committee made up of the RCM’s from the Florida Region. This Service Committee is designed to provide service to its member Areas. An ASC and RSC are similar in nature and purpose, but their respective functions are slightly different. While an ASC serves the common needs of its member Groups, the Florida Region serves three basic functions:
- The primary function of the RSC is to unify the Areas within the Region
- The secondary function of the RSC is to carry the message of recovery through the actions of the Fellowship Development Group and its defined workgroups.
- The third function of the RSC is to contribute to the growth of NA both by initiating much of the work to be finalized at the World Service Conference and by helping our World Services.
The RSC Conferences are held on the third Sunday of the following months: January, May, July, September and November and March in even years. In the odd year, it will be held the fourth Sunday to facilitate the Southeastern Zonal Forum’s attendance at the Florida Service Symposium. The RSC Conferences are to be held to a two-day function. (No Friday workgroup or group meetings or board meetings.) The RSC meeting shall not be held at any Recovery Weekend, MiniConvention, etc., or in the same area it is being held.
|Friday - Welcome|
|9pm – 11pm||Recovery Meeting (suggested)|
|Saturday - Recovery Meeting|
|7am – 8am||Just For Today (suggested)|
|Saturday - RSC Administrative Meeting|
|8am – 9am||Administrative Meeting (as necessary)|
|Saturday - Fellowship Development|
The agenda may be modified as needed. Everyone should be present at 9am.
It is suggested that all elected RSC Trusted Servants and RCMs participate in Fellowship Development.
|9am – 12:30pm||Orientation|
|12:30pm – 2pm||Lunch on own|
|2pm – 4pm||Fellowship Development Group (continued)|
Behind the Walls Orientation as needed
Workgroups as needed
|Saturday - FRC Board and HRP|
|10am – 2pm||FRCNA Board Meeting|
HRP Meeting and Interviews
|Saturday - RSC GTFRS Meeting|
|4pm – 5pm||Guide to Florida Regional Service Group Meeting|
|Saturday - Project Planning Meeting|
|5pm – 6pm||Fellowship Development / HRP|
|Saturday - Evening|
|5:30pm – 8:30pm||Dinner on own|
|8:30pm – 9:30pm||Recovery Meeting (Speaker) TBD by the Host Area|
|9:30pm – 12am||Activity / Event TBD by the Host Area|
|Sunday - Recovery Meeting|
|7am – 8am||Just For Today (suggested)|
|Sunday - Florida Regional Service Conference|
|9am – 3pm||Florida Regional Service Conference|