For Our Members
Narcotics Anonymous is a global, community-based organization with a multilingual and multicultural membership. NA was founded in 1953, and our membership growth was minimal during our initial twenty years as an organization. Since the publication of our Basic Text in 1983, the number of members and meetings has increased dramatically. Today, NA members hold more than 67,000 meetings weekly in 131 countries. We offer recovery from the effects of addiction through working a twelve-step program, including regular attendance at group meetings. The group atmosphere provides help from peers and offers an ongoing support network for addicts who wish to pursue and maintain a drug-free lifestyle.
- Narcotics Anonymous World Services
- Consensus Based Decision Making (CBDM)
- Contribute to the Florida Region
- Helplines & Websites
- Florida Regional Service Office
For the Public
Narcotics Anonymous values building relationships with those in government, the clergy, the helping professions, and private voluntary organizations. We believe that the maintenance of successful relationship involves ongoing dialogue and mutual communication. Our experience shows that we have many non-addict friends that can advocate for NA.
The Florida Region of Narcotics Anonymous cooperates with professionals and organizations, by providing information about recovery through the NA Fellowship. Additionally, NA members are often available to make panel presentations in educational facilities, treatment centers and correctional facilities as well as other public venues. The Florida Region also makes available Narcotics Anonymous literature for sale to professionals and facilities. If you need literature for your facility please order from our online store.
- I need information
- I would like NA at my facility
- I would like a presentation about NA
- I need NA literature for my facility
- Refer clients to local meetings
- Refer clients to virtual meetings
- Resources for professionals
- An Introduction to NA Meetings (pdf)
- Here are some of the readings we use in our meetings: