The purpose of regional services is to support the Areas and Groups in their primary purpose, by linking them together within the Region. Regional services assist Areas and Groups with issues and topics of interest to their areas and encourage the growth of the fellowship through Area Support Group meetings, project driven workgroups and consensus based decision making.
To better serve Areas, their member groups and individual addicts; to allow more widespread participation by more individual members; and to more fully utilize available human resources.
Regional Service Committee (RSC) is a Committee made up of the RCMs from the Florida Region. This Service Committee is designed to provide service to its member Areas. An ASC and RSC are similar in nature and purpose, but their respective functions are slightly different. While an ASC serves the common needs of its member Groups, the Florida Region serves three basic functions:
- The primary function of the RSC is to unify the Areas within the Region.
- The secondary function of the RSC is to carry the message of recovery through the actions of the Fellowship Development Group and its defined workgroups.
- The third function of the RSC is to contribute to the growth of NA both by initiating much of the work to be finalized at the World Service Conference and by helping our World Services.
The RSC Conferences are held on the third Sunday of the following months: January, May, July, September and November and March in even years. In the odd year, it will be held the fourth Sunday to facilitate the Southeastern Zonal Forum’s attendance at the Florida Service Symposium. The RSC Conferences are to be held to a two-day function. (No Friday workgroup or group meetings or board meetings.) The RSC meeting shall not be held at any Recovery Weekend, MiniConvention, etc., or in the same area it is being held.
Upcoming RSC Weekend
Rosen Centre Hotel, 9840 International Dr., Orlando, Florida 32819
Friday Night Welcome Meeting – Salons 3/4
Saturday Fellowship Development – Salons 3/4
Sunday RSC Business – Salons 3/4
HRP – Suite 243
FRCNA – Suite 239
May 20-22, 2022
Hotel Reservations: 1-407-996-9840
Booking Link: https://naflorida.org/hotel/may2022
Cut off to book April 12
Link for discounted parking – code will be available closer to RSC
- RSC Minutes
- Submit a report (RCM Report or General Report)
- Fill out the HRP Form
- Guide To Florida Regional Service
- RSC Orientation Booklet
- Fellowship Development Idea Submission Form (or printable PDF)
- RSC Proposal Form (must be submitted by Saturday Guide meeting)
- RSC Weekend Agenda
- Consensus Based Decision Making PowerPoint